Sunday, March 20, 2011

My New Vice





I almost look at the clock every five seconds on Wednesday, waiting for 10 PM to roll around. Once 9:55 PM hits, I rush to my television and turned it on. Even if Hoshi is there, watching some sports game I go:
"MUST. WATCH. SVU!"


Hoshi stares at me strangely when I push him off the couch but he soon ends up just having a cigarette for an hour while I eat popcorn and stared wide eyed at the screen (sometimes drooling)

This is Law and Order SVU!


I've been in love with Law and Order: Special Victims Unit for a couple of months now since I walked in on my sister watching it at our parents' house. I thought the show was stupid--since I'm in the Forensics field and everything is wrong--but after every episode I slowly start falling for it until I became obsessed.

For those who don't know what this show is: shame on you! Look it up right now and maybe watch some episodes on NBC.

I tried to just copy-paste the description of the show from NBC, but it was way too long and I didn't feel like reading the whole thing myself.

Basically, if you have seen any other of the Law and Order shows, it's the same. Half the show is on catching the perp and the other half is about the court system. SVU is about "special victims" which is basically is anyone and everyone who gets sexually assaulted (update: i knew this wasn't true--or at least now--and my partner made me correct it. it also includes murder and battery against a woman or child, physical abuse, ect., ect.). It is a little on the graphic side, they have gruesome descriptions about rape and some people don't enjoy listening to a four-year-old talking about how he was molested by his mom's new boyfriend.

But trust me! This show is great! And everyone who I show it to ends up falling in love with all the suspense and drama this show has to offer.


It even has my main man B.D. Wong!
All the characters are a little off... xP

"You sir, are under arrest!"
Stabler (the total BA above) punches and threatens all the suspects. Now you can't do that in real life. Can anyone say "court slip"?

Mariska Hargitay Pop singer Hilary Duff guest stars on the hit show "Law and Order SVU"
"We got 'em. High five!"
There are 12 seasons and still continuing but don't worry, you can start watching any episode, any time you want. There is very few character side plots (besides something like a detective and their partner are splitting or a detectives son turns out to be gay) and they find the killer/rapist/molester in one episode (which apparently only takes weeks! *over dramatic, sarcastic gasp*) so there is no 'to be continued' or 'previously on' these shows to make you confused.

Hopefully I convinced some of you to turn on your tv's to Wednesday night at 10PM to see at least one. I would recommend more than one since I, personally, didn't like a few episodes. Especially some when a victim is someone the SVU unit knows and I personally don't know so I go "wut".

My boy Ice T!
Since it's Sunday, I have FOREVER until the new episode comes out T^T (Q Q). Now I need to sit here and wait... I'm sure Hoshi can definitely wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment